For the second year, Squirrel Hill will be celebrating Lunar New Year for two weeks, beginning with a kick-off celebration on Saturday, January 28th from 1 to 5pm at the Jewish Community Center.
At 1pm, the Steel Dragon LION Dance Team will ring in the Year of the Fire Rooster, followed by performances and presentations from:
- OCA Pittsburgh/Tsu Chi Academy – Chinese Y-Yo Martial Arts demos
- OCA Cultural Youth Performance
- Win-Win KungFu
- Ai-Lin Chen on Guzheng, a musical instrument performance
- YanLai Dance Academy
- Filipino American Association of Pittsburgh Dance Troupe
- HaiHua Youth Orchestra (of Mt. Lebanon)
- CMU K(orean)-pop
- Pittsburgh Chinese School Chinese Folk Dance
- Oom Yung Doe Martial Arts
- Silk Elephant Thai Dancers
- Yanlai Dance Academy
- Lydia Music Center
Throughout the building, attendees can enjoy free arts and crafts for the kids including calligraphy, origami, making hand-drums (for the parade of course!), and more. There will also be delicious, authentic Asian food for sale.
In addition to the activities inside the JCC, two teams of lion dancers will be visiting and blessing our merchants on Forbes and Murray from 10am to 3pm.
This event is free and open to the public.
Interested in being a vendor at this event? Please email email@example.com.